avatar

http://lookup.avatars.yahoo.com/ewimages?enc=YY.l5NVFScH_mAu5sxK0VCl6Yg--&size=large&type=jpg=jpg

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thing 12

I have to admit that I typically am not a commentor. As I read some blogs, I often get turned off to commenting due to foul language used or the way people have worded their thoughts. I believe building a community is very important in this setting just as in my classroom. Being a teacher and the wife of a journalism major, I also really focus on the grammar in blogs/comments just as I do when people are speaking in person. I find it hard to take someone seriously that has multiple grammatical errors in their comments. I guess I also don't comment because I don't spend much time on the computer. Teaching, raising two children and being married keeps me very busy. All in all, I see the importance of commenting and as well as with all of the other Things in Library 2 Play, it is my goal to use them more often.

I read and commented on a blog about children's literature. This lady was making a set of alphabet card with pictures of characters from well known childrens literature. Amazing! I also commented on a blog about cooking light since that has been a goal of mine this summer. I found a recipe for some white bean enchiladas that sound yummy.

2 comments:

Terry said...

I do understand about the grammatical errors but I try to remember that anyone can make typos. Blogs with foul language wouldn't get my time reading let alone commenting. A good place to start, since community is already built in (SBISD), is reading and commenting on some of the other Library2Play blogs. I found that I got other great ideas by reading them.

Lefty said...

I agree with alot of what you said "Greek". I don't have a family but I don't get a buzz out of reading lots of blogs. I definitely don't care for the languge part. I was just on another blog in the Library2Play list and the YouTube video they put up has profanity in the first minute of the program. I watched no more of it because I felt it was going to be full of rude remarks.