avatar

http://lookup.avatars.yahoo.com/ewimages?enc=YY.l5NVFScH_mAu5sxK0VCl6Yg--&size=large&type=jpg=jpg

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thing 8

I think the RSS is kind of confusing. I can see where it could be really useful if it were a little easier to use. I do, however, like being able to read other blogs about things that interest me like camping. I got some easing camping recipes from one blogger. I can also read other peoples opinions on meaningless things like the dancers on So You Think You Can Dance. Libraries could use this technology to recommend (or not recommend) literature and gain information on various topics to share with teachers. Overall, it confused me a bit.

2 comments:

Amitch said...

I totally agree. RSS is confusing. I couldn't tell if it worked or not.
Postings are great!

Terry said...

If you start your students blogging, and have their blogs in Google reader, then you will be able to see with one click who has added a new post. It saves you from opening each one to check. Not sure if this is useful to you or not.